Club is a membership of sailors and their families who share a common interest in sailboat racing. With a 115 year racing tradition and more than 100 days of racing each season, our members' commitment to the sport speaks for itself.
CPYC is a participatory club with racing, social, cruising, and other sailing related activities which appeal to sailors of different skills, experience, and interests.
Cedar Point offers racing programs in a number of different types of boats. Although membership is required to skipper a boat on a regular basis in many of our programs, crewing on members' boats is almost always open to non-members and skippering in some of the programs is open to participation by non-members as noted below. Boats include
* PHRF Racing: 24' to 44' racer/cruisers racing on Wednesday Nights (no spinnaker), Sundays (both spinnaker and non-spinnaker divisions) and point-to-point racing with overnight rendezvous on Holiday weekends.
* Atlantic: 30' one design keelboats with main, jib and spinnakers and sailed by crew of 3 or 4. Racing on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
* Star: 22' one design keelboats with main and jib sailed by 2 crew. Racing on Saturdays. Extensive local regatta schedule. Non-members are invited to crew.
* Lightning: 19' one design centerboard boats with main, jib and spinnaker and sailed by crew of 3.
* Thistle: 17' one design centerboard boats with main, jib and spinnaker and sailed by crew of 3. Racing on Saturdays. Extensive local regatta schedule.
* Vanguard 15: 15' one design centerboard boats with main and jib, sailed by crew of 2. Racing on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons with multiple, short course race format. Extensive local regatta schedule.
* Laser:14' one design singlehanded centerboard boat. Hugely popular frostbite racing series on Sundays in fall and spring. Saturdays of three day weekends in summer. Multiple, short course race format. Extensive local regatta schedule. Reduced-rate Winter Membership available. Fleet boat available for a day or two of guest skippering by members or non-members.
* Junior Sailing: Sailing and race training for 8 to 17 year olds. Boats used are: 8' Optimist Dinghies, 13' Blue Jays, 14' Lasers and Laser Radials and 14' 420s. Late-June through mid-August.
* High School Sailing: Race training in both team racing and fleet racing in Club 420s (boats supplied) on weekday afternoons in spring and fall.