Royal Gourock Yacht Club was originally known as Gourock Sailing Club when it was founded in 1894. It had its name changed to the Gourock Yacht Club six years later, and in 1908 King Edward VII was pleased to signify his pleasure that the club be known as Royal Gourock Yacht Club. The club is situated on the Firth of Clyde at the West side of Gourock. The has full facilities including an excellent restaurant. Members boats are moored on swinging moorings and there is a launch service to the boats.