Inverclyde Sailing Clubs
Cardwell Bay Sailing Club (CBSC) is a small friendly club. It was formed in 1906 by the owners of boats moored in Cardwell Bay to promote Cruising and Racing. Cardwell Bay is situated on the south shore of the Firth of Clyde at the east side of Gourock and bordering Greenock. The Bay provides sheltered mooring for CBSC Members and other boat owners.
Royal Gourock Yacht Club was originally known as Gourock Sailing Club when it was founded in 1894. It had its name changed to the Gourock Yacht Club six years later, and in 1908 King Edward VII was pleased to signify his pleasure that the club be known as Royal Gourock Yacht Club. The club is situated on the Firth of Clyde at the West side of Gourock. The has full facilities including an excellent restaurant. Members boats are moored on swinging moorings and there is a launch service to the boats.